Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Why this blog? (And the sources used for the data images)

Almost every day I check actual data from climate stations.  Then I check the "official" sources to compare them.

I'm going to try and put up frequent post of actual vs adjusted data for all GHCN stations that have a long complete record.  Why?  Because data is beautiful, and adjusted data is usually garbage.  Some sources used are as follow:

GISS temp v4 - GISS global maps - NOAA climate at a glance PRISM data

GHCN data (not adjusted, actual raw data) - Adjustments made by NOAA by state

Frequently online people make strange and fraudulent claims, which the data never shows.  It's a huge effort to rebut or even explain, so I blog instead. And rather than explain, I just put my research up, it's a way to have it all on one blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog?

The most powerful greenhouse gas is water vapor

  The explosive eruption of the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha’apai (HTHH) volcano on 15 January 2022 injected more water vapor into the stratosphere ...